This salaried, full-time position requires significant previous managerial experience and a broad range skill, one of the most important being the ability to provide Above & BeyondTM hospitality to our guests, while balancing the needs of the operation. The GM is required to be knowledgeable about, participate in, and lead all restaurant positions, including, but not limited to, Server, Host, Bartender, Busser, Dishwasher, Line Cook, Prep Cook, and Expeditor.
The GM will manage the floor, scheduling, training, cash handling, invoicing, event proposals, customer and employee dispute resolution, general customer hospitality and most closing shifts. The GM will employ leadership skills to help advance the brand and ensure smooth operations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Work scheduled MOD shifts, ensuring that all daily duties are completed to specification
• Cash handling, performing daily closing paperwork completely/effectively
• Learn and understand all systems for FOH and BOH
• Communicate respectfully and directly with staff, with the ability to discipline
• Maintain and advance the brand by upholding standards of operation and administration
• Develop and manage agenda for, and lead, weekly management team meetings, using provided online tools
• Lead in effective scheduling and proactive training of all staff
• Ensure the proper completion of daily checklists and logs
• Lead interview process and employee evaluations
• Supervise all employees, including, but not limited to, AGM and Kitchen Manager
• 3-10 years of AGM and/or GM experience
• Night, weekend and some holiday availability (e.g. Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve)
• Positive attitude, ability to remain calm and communicate effectively in tense situations
• Excellent customer service skills, ultimate professionalism and naturally occurring hospitable tendencies in everyday life
• Experience with and ability to use technology proactively and efficiently: Primarily Outlook (handheld/PC), Excel, Word and Point of Sale systems.
• Competitive compensation package based on experience and depth of knowledge on above-noted duties and responsibilities.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers